mandag 7. juli 2014

The Secret in Recovering from Schizophrenia

I have recovered from Schizophrenia in about 5 months. It was a litle bit hard work in the start because i got sendt to closed unit and was out of the unit for 1 month. I was in the start very upset and angry because they had me in closed unit. They took my sigarettes and i was on a regime for smoking. They also took my economy to my mother. I had managed my economy all my life and had my first job as 11 year old on a fish factory. In 2002 i graduated as a registered nurse, but dreamed about beeing a writer. I love writing and is very inventive and write novels and children novels. I wrote a children novel when my son was a child and read it every night to him and to sleep over guests. They love the book and it is about growing up next to nature. I have always been out in the nature a lot for smaller og bigger hiking trips. I have had horses, dogs, birds, cats and goldfishes. It has always happened a lot around me and i have had a great life next to nature and together with people and animals. It has therefore been very hard to have been in closed unit and not allowed to go out. I have been very highly functioning earlier in life and it seems to get back to me, and i am so happy. I have had a job offer in psyciatry and i have been asked to teach emploeys at the unit in how to treat psycotic people and to tell about what works and what dont work in treatment on psycosis. The first thing is to get stabilisation and be secure. I had to find that in myself. And when i was in closed unit i gave myself time. I thought : " It has to take as long as it take. " And not struggle to get home. Earlier hospitalisation of me i have not been fully recovered going back home, and to tell the truth i have hated to be hospitalisised. I have done all in my power to get home. The unit i have been on now is closed but is taking the patients out every day when they are out of isolation. I thought : " Now i have the time to write. " And i found a hobby i could do during isolation and i started working on a novel in january. I wrote all day and had coffe and sigarettes and ate very healthy. I allowed myself only to eat chocolate and drinking soda pop once a week. And i decided to be me again, and that is a very kind and smiling person. I decided to forgive everybody and forget about wrongs in the past. I have not had a psycolog this time so i have had to do the work all alone. After a litle while everybody started to treat me different. I changed totally back to the person i used to be.
The main reason i recovered is to find a hobby i love, been taking out on hiking and walking and doing exercise and not at least beeing together with the people i love. I realised i had to live life a bit slower than i used to do. But it is a life without complications and the total body get secure when life is happy and kind. I overloocked every single thing i reacted badly on before and looked at it as bagatells, just small insidents that dont need to be reacted on. I forgave and let go.
To work with hobbies give you the pleasure and stamina to go on in life even though things has been bad. And paranoia dissapeared fast. I managed to control my thoughts and use my common sense. People dont read youre thoughts and people are in general very kind to you if you are positive. Dont ever give up. I heared voices before, but stopped doing that for over a year ago. I have written about that earlier. But get a hobby, exercise and be kind. The enviroment around you change and then youre thinking change to. Life is so worth living and people have known that i hear voices and been kind to me anyway. It has never been a secret that i have heared voices. And now they are gone.
Have people around you that you care about, and forgive people you have " wrongs " against. It can end up in friendship again. Forgivness is really the main issue. To let go of anger, guilt and anxiety.
For me one thing has helped a lot and that is praying. I have in periodes praied to the Lord constantly. It took all my bad thoughts away and my life seem to work out well. And praying is kind. I prayed for my family, patients, people working in the unit, for friends and for myself. I forget a lot praying for myself but it seems to work out kind and good anyway. Life is so good living. I paint also and has been allowed in painting on my room. I use long time on the pictures and i pray when i paint and the last month a new painting tecnique has been growing in my hands. The pictures get better and better.
The key is to slow down and get goals and do them. But it has to be thing you enjoy doing. It can be hard at some days, but do the things anyway. I am totally changed in way of thinking, walking and intellectual i am highly functioning again. Dont be afraid if you take some steps back, but remember that most people heal from schizophrenia. Have good friends around you and keep a plan for youre life. I am proud about writing a good book in the middle of isolation and psycosis. The book is 2/3 finished and i love writing it.
I write a book also about experiencebased training to psycotic people to give them good hiking trips and to enjoy nature and exercise. I have gone down 17 kilos in only some months. It is totally secure that you also can recover from schizophrenia and that if you know somebody with psycosis, tell them all the time that they can get well. The line between a normal person and a psycotic person can sometimes be small. Dont be afraid of people in psycosis. Talk slowly and kind to them and let them know you care. Ask about things that has been good in life and give them feedback to get hobbies and it might end up in a job to that person with psycosis.
" Good Luck everybody - you can be 100 % recovered and maybe better than before :-) "

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar