lørdag 30. august 2014

In Memory Of A War Sailor From Second World War

I take this day to honour and remember my Grandfather Sverre Roald. He sailed out second world war on Hk Gladesdale. He was such a good grandfather with a smile, a humming tone and a straigth back and a budgie. He learned me tricks as a litle girl in a kind way that i did not have to use before i was an adult. In a kind way he prepeared me that the society could change and that war could happen. He was such a wise man. One time we were a lot of kids together and i got teased a lot, but i did not get angry. He laughed and gave me 5,- norwegian krone. All the kids got jelous and they stopped teasing me. And i could go and buy an ice cream that nobody of the other kids had. I remembered how proad i was in a very peacefull way. He had small learning lessons to us kids. And was always kind. I can never remember him raising his voice. He fought for peace his entire life. And lived a calm and peacefull life together with my grandma in a small house i want to buy back in the family and live there. I remember him as a safe guardian that is never lost. One time i got teased a lot by some girls and i was unhappy. He sang to me in the tones of " Moon River " but it was not moon river he sang, but " Blue river ", and i found the song when i was an adult this year. Because a lot has happened that makes me remember him like he is still with me. Right before he died he gave me my grandmothers favourite ring, and he asked me to wear it. It is a gold ring with purple stone and very beautiful. I could have written a book about my grandfather and HK Gladesdale, that served Norway and was on the terrible D- day in Normandie. But he managed to stay good all his life by beeing there for us. And i was a very talketive girl that made him laugh. His bugie i managed with all my will to give my grandparents as a christmas gift, and he managed to get the budgie " Julius " to talk and get very tame. This is one of the reasons i got my own budgie, to remember all the fun my grandfather had with the budgie " Julius ". Second world war ended, but the war for the warsailors never ended. They stod strong and safe together as brothers to prevent war until the day they died. But some lives still. And next year it is to be remembered it is 70 years ago that second world war ended. And freedom came back to the world. I thank my grandfather so much for teaching me good as a child, from what to serve a child, in how to clean up, to as a five year old setting a adrenalin injection and trusting me for making it if it was needed. My grandmother was allergic to wasps. They thought me so nice and in a good way to be a woman taking care of children, and they managed to teach me how to celebrate christmas good. In memory and a blessing for life in my grandfather i put out Blue River. Thank you grandpa for saving my life even after you were gone :-)
" People remembered in our harts is never lost. "

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar